1. Melt the stearin over a water bath. Keep an eye on it so that it doesn’t begin to bubble (you get air pockets in the lights).
2. Add essential oil to the melted stearin. About 5-10 ml per candle.
3. Pour the stearin into the glasses. Wait 5 minutes and then insert a wick down the center of the glass. If the glass has a very large diameter, it may be necessary to have several wicks, so that the light end up burning evenly.
4. Secure the wicks with clothes clips, wooden stick or the knitting needles, so they don’t fall down.
5. Let the candles harden. This takes about 2 hours.
6. Cut the wicks and voilà! You have the most beautiful home made scented candles.