1. Knead the butter, icing sugar and salt together.
2. Stir in the flour and egg. The dough is now like coarse breadcrumbs.
3. Gather the dough with cold water. When the dough is assembled into a clump, leave it in the fridge for at least an hour.
4. On a floured board, roll dough out to about 1/8 inch thickness, and cut into shapes using a small pastry cutter. Add the “medals” on wax paper on a baking sheet.
5. Bake the “medals” on a baking sheet for 5-6 min. at 200°C. When finished cool the “medals” on a wire rack. Store them in a cake tin, if they have to be used the next day.
6. Stir icing sugar and water together to glaze.
7. Glaze your homemade “medals” with icing and decorate 10 of them with raspberries.
6. Whip the cream.
7. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla-rod.
8. Beat the mascarpone, icing sugar and vanilla seeds into the cream until the cream is smooth.
9. Mix the rest of the raspberries into the cream.
10. Devide the cream between 10 of the “medals”.
11. Place the 10 decorated “medal-lids” on top of the bottom ones.