Make the dough:
1. Stir together the butter, icing sugar, vanilla seeds and salt until you have a soft dough.
2. Add egg yolks and then the flour.
3. Collect the dough rapidly with some water into a ball. Put it in the refrigerator for about 1 hour. When the dough is cold and firm, roll it out to fit into a pie plate.
4. Preheat the oven and pre-bake the crust for 12 minutes at 200° celsius.
5. Stir together butter and sugar until creamy. Then mix in the almond, vanilla sugar and eggs (mix until the texture is soft and uniform).
6. Pour the filling into the pre-baked pie crust (it should only be filled 3/4 full, otherwise the filling will overflow when you press the apricots down).
7. Place the halved apricots in the pie filling and press them down into the filling.
8. Turn down the oven to 180° celsius and bake for about 1 hour.
9. Serve the warm pie with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.